Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Nothing like a visit with an old friend!

Today I did my workout in a very different, yet familiar place.  I went to see my friend, Trudi.  She owns the gym that I first fell in love with working out in.  She was my first workout partner, and she taught me everything I know about nutrition and exercise.  I KNEW that if anyone would know about these headaches and why I can't seem to drop more weight, she would know!

The first thing was she wanted to give me some good exercises and things to do to mix up my routine.  We did a little leg workout together, and HOLY COW!  I feel it already!  Walking runner lunges, side squats, dead lifts, leg raises side and back, several different angled squats, and standing lunges....  We did them in super-sets, we did them alone.  It felt amazing to hurt again!

I know that sounds crazy, but (and I think most athletes would agree) I love that feeling you get when you walk across the floor with jelly legs!  It means I did something pretty great with my body!  There is nothing like getting past the mental block in your head, and accomplishing a tough set! 

So we decided several things.  We are going to look into my diet first.  I am going to journal everything I eat for the next two weeks and give it to her.  I will discuss our other thoughts if we have to explore them!  In the mean time, I am taking a new look at food and my diet.  Phase 1 of my diet I was cutting portions and exercising.  Simple enough!  Phase 2, I am fueling my body.  I am going to eat to live not live to eat! 



Thank you God for such great friends and connections!

No comments:

Post a Comment