Monday, June 27, 2011

Dear Self,

Dear Self,

Do not let another full week go by without doing pool training!  Do not eat poorly while you are on active rest.  Do not give up during practice, and do NOT quit swimming!!!



Tonight was a tough practice.  The Nazi did my favorite, sprints!  BLAH!  I'm such a slow person.  I want to compete, and I HATE HATE HATE to lose!  However, I am SO STINKIN' SLOW!  Tonight we did diving sprints.  This is the first time I have done a start of any sort since I was like 16 years old. It was frightening and invigorating all at once!

I survived the workout.  I wasn't sure I was going to.  At one point I wanted to tell her I couldn't continue!  But I put my head down and pushed past the mental block and JUST DID IT!  It felt GOOD!  I was tired, out of breath, and felt completely out of shape!  It also felt good to not give up on myself!  There is nothing like shutting that voice in your head up that always says, "Just quit"  "What is it going to hurt?"  "What is half a workout?  At least you did this much"

I shut that voice up, and I DID IT!  I was the slowest one, at the end, by half of the length of the pool, but I FINISHED!  And that is all that matters!  Looking forward to another great workout in the morning.  For the time being, I am hitting the hay!  Until the next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment