Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again!

I had such a disappointing night last night!  After my swim, I felt like such a failure.  Hopefully, you will come to know me better through this blog.  However, those who know me well know I hate when things don't come easily to me or I don't do as well as I feel I should. 



For example, a few years ago I went to Colorado (my second happiest place on earth!) with my youth group.  EVERYONE was snowboarding, and I was in decent shape at this point in my life.  I tried it.  What a baby I became when I couldn't stay on my feet for more than 15 seconds on that stupid board!  I literally cried and screamed!  Such a poor showing on my part.  I'm slightly embarrassed by it NOW.  At the time, I could not for the life of me figure out why my body would not do what my mind was telling it to!  Two painfully slow, grueling hours later, I made it down the bunny slope...the first time.  Yes, 2 hours for my first run down.  Please understand that most of this time was spend on my rear!  The next day I chose skis and didn't fall...not even once!  One must redeem one's self when one let's one's self down!

This morning I woke with aching muscles and a bruised pride, not unlike the enormous bruises I went home with that day on the bunny slope!  I had a quiet time of reflection while Alex was still sleeping.  In that time I decided I must do something extremely tough and familiar to bring the confidence back up!  So I pulled out the old Leslie videos and did a hard core 30 minute weight loss walk.  Then I did what I do best, weights! 

(Terri's 2 cents:  I don't understand women who refuse to do weight training.  Women are not built genetically to be bulky!  By building muscle we increase our metabolism and strength!  Muscle gives us endurance and strong hearts.  A workout of simple cardio is an imbalanced workout!)



So I worked my core, bi's, tri's, chest, shoulders and back.  These are workouts I can make my body do with ease!  I felt strong and confident lifting and pushing!  I think I am back in the saddle and ready to be tortured by the Swimming Nazi again tomorrow night!  Today's lesson: If at first you don't succeed, do something you know you can, and try the other thing again later!  Now for a hot shower and some muscle cream...I'm so sore!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment