Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The journey of 75 lbs begins with one step

Granted, realistically, I am saying 70 lbs is the goal for 7 months.  Totally doable!  However, it would be nice to lose the extra 5! 

I had NO motivation!  I talked myself out of the workout like 50 times just on the ride from my house to the gym!  (Just ask my mom.  I even told her right before we pulled into the parking lot that I was just going to start tomorrow.)  But starting tomorrow is what got me 125+ lbs overweight.  I want to make a difference in my life TODAY!

So what did I do for my workout today...?  SURVIVE!  Elliptical on incline 10 with 8 resistance for 30 minutes and a 5 minute cool down.  Then a weight session of back, bis, and Tris.  Yes, it was simple.  Yes, I have done more in one day, but I upped my weight a little and increased the intensity of my cardio.  (Higher RPMs and more resistance.)  I thought I would die.


I was reminded in the end how much I love the rubber arm and leg feeling, and how I love knowing I accomplished something great!  An ironman finisher once sent me a picture that said, "Good things come to those who wait.  Great things come to those who are willing to work for them."  I want great things!  I'm EXPECTING great things!  Let's see what happens, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment