Thursday, June 16, 2011

How many times do you get a second chance at a dream?

Tonight I have been thinking about where I am, and how far I have come.  You know, in December I checked my blood pressure, and it was 146/99.  I checked it a week ago, and it has dropped to 122/79!  I still can put pictures side by side and not see a bit of difference.  However, as I was out and about today, I almost lost my shorts a few times.  I bent over at the gas station, and thank God I had on a swim suit!  They fell to my ankles!!!



There are things in life that we want so bad.  I want to be in shape.  The way I in-vision myself in my head, and the person I see in the mirror are not even close to the same!  I swam competitively for 9 years of my life.  I can't tell you now why I even quit!  I WILL tell you that I had the chance to go out for the school's team in high school, and I was too afraid.  I have kicked myself a million times for not doing it.  I have said at least 100,000,000 times that if I ever got the chance to swim again, I would JUMP on it.  I WANT to swim!

So many people say that I inspire them to work harder or get moving.  That's humbling for me.  Seriously, I am simply jumping on the second chance God threw my way.  If I was to think about it, it would be a SIN to not take advantage of the opportunities before me.  God has handed me these things on a silver platter, and I am gracefully accepting them with my whole heart!

Thank you, God, for second chances!!!!!  May my child learn to dream big and follow his heart!

P.S. I did a 1 1/2 mile walk tonight.  Nothing big.  Had to work out the kinks from the weeks tough work out.  back to the swimming nazi tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment