Saturday, June 11, 2011

Almost one week down, and I've survived!!!!!

For the first time in a long time, I didn't have trouble waking up this morning.  I didn't sleep great last ngiht, but enough.  My body automatically woke up at 5:15-ish.  What does one do when one wakes up well before they expect?  WORK OUT!  Of course!  But this was the first morning in over a month I didn't want to crawl back under the covers.  I was, actually, anxious to get up and moving!



I expected to be really sore after last night, and I am.  It's the kind of sore that makes you want to do it again, though.  The beginning days of a workout routine are always the hardest for me.  Some people need a buddy to hold them accountable and keep them on track.  I just need motivation.  I have to WANT to do something.  It doesn't matter if I had to answer to 100 people, if I don't want to work out, I won't!  So, it felt really good to have motivated myself to get up and get through my 3 mile workout.

Something I pondered this morning was eating.  We eat for pleasure.  We love the tastes and textures of different foods.  I, however, want to change my mindset towards food.  I want to feed my body what it needs, not just what I desire.  I have set a pretty lofty goal for myself, that I intend to follow through with.  if I continue to eat for pleasure, I'm not sure I can reach it.

So, all my foodies out there!  This is my plea!  Give me some sites to look up and ways to research eating for LIFE.  It has to be food I will enjoy, too though.  If I don't like the texture or taste, I'm going to go for a cheeseburger instead, jus sayin'!  

The first steps of the next phase of my journey to a healthier me have been much harder than you can dream.  Everyday I have to talk myself into doing what I know I must do to get where I want to be.  The key to my motivation?  I WANT it, and I want it BAD! 

Thank you for the continued encouragement.  This week has felt wonderful!  It hurts!  But it feels so good to be moving.  Now if only my body could match the way I feel inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment