Thursday, June 30, 2011

Keep on keeping on...



So I took Trudi's advice, and today I did an anaerobic workout.  I have lost my motivation lately.  I think it is because numbers are not moving the way that I want them to, and I am not seeing the results as quickly as I think I should.  Having said that, today's workout was just what I needed!

Today was something different and challenging!  I did upper body super-sets and abs.  Two pretty great things about super-sets: 1. It keeps your heart rate up due to minimal rests.   2. It passes quickly!  What is better than a quick effective workout!?  The only thing about circuits and super sets, they ALWAYS give me the shakes.  I am up for any suggestions how to combat this!  I ate an orange when I finished today....

So, knowing that I am changing things up and heading into a holiday weekend, I have decided NOT to get too excited about journaling my food intake until the 4th is over.  I DO NOT plan to go overboard...however, I am going to enjoy the good food, family, & friends! 

Yesterday's workout has me, literally, screeching every time I stand or sit.  LOVE IT!  I wonder how I will fare tomorrow during Masters?  It could get ugly! Especially since I did the upper body circuit today!

I have made up my mind to NOT get discouraged with my progress and to push forward.  Having a new game plan will help me move in the right direction.  Encouragement is a MUST when enthusiasm and "want to" are simply lacking!  I do, however, still have my eyes on the prize!  70 lbs to go!  WISH ME LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment