Monday, June 20, 2011

"Good job, Terri!"



Yes, you read that right!  I got a good job, tonight.  What's even better is I got a "You have a very pretty breaststroke."  *sigh*  Yes, thank you thank!  THAT was what I need to hear to keep my momentum up!  Who knows, I might be competing in a month if I stick with it!  How awesome would that be?!

OK, so before I dive any further into my workout.  I must discuss my junk food hangover!  I don't know how many of you have ever had one of these hangovers, but it is not fun AT ALL.  It is mostly remorse!  I know I need to lose weight!  I have such great encouragement!  I messed up and ate popcorn and reese's pieces, among other things.  The scale never lies, and buddy did it tell on me this morning!

As a result, I decided to refocus, recenter, and be ready!  So I start out great with my eating.  Then I notice the Nutella jar in the cabinet.  Having never tasted it, I decide, what can it hurt to have a little taste.  I opened an amazingly yummy can of worms!  I have decided that it is of the Devil, sent here to ambush my weight loss dreams!  I have a jar up for grabs!  Come take it!  That's all I have to say about that because now my mouth is watering, and I want a nibble!

So I went to practice this evening, and I am thinking that I might be ready for a meet sooner than I thought :)  Go me!  It may be a 50 yard sprint, but who cares, really?  All that matters is that I kicked serious butt in practice tonight!  AND I got a Good job!  I think I will have sweet sweet dreams about kicking some swim butt.  Watch out guys!  Terri is on the road to Masters Swimming! 

I end this with a phrase I never thought I would be able to say again :)  I am officially a swimmer again!  *sigh*  It feels good!

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about snacking--chips are my downfall every time I have them in the house! I've figured out that homemade popcorn can be pretty low calorie, though (compared to the microwave kinds). You might try this recipe (my personal favorite):

    Pop 3 tbsp popcorn kernels with 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat (cover pot with tea towel to let steam escape but not popcorn). Then melt 1/2 tbsp butter in oven or microwave. When popcorn is popped, pour on butter, and add Louisiana Hot Sauce to taste. Then, toss to coat kernels and salt to taste. Makes about 6 cups of popcorn.

    Calorie Count:
    Popcorn 120
    Olive Oil 60
    Butter 50
    Hot Sauce 0
    Salt 0

    Total: 230

    You know I'm a salty-foods addict, and this works perfectly as a snack for me. Can't wait to hear about your first swim meet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really good!!!!! I'm going ot have to try it :)

    The swim meet might take a few more months, but I AM going to swim in a meet SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, thought of one more thing: Definitely spring for the Orville Redenbacher kernels. They're more expensive but make much bigger popcorn pieces than the off brands (believe you me, I've tried them all). And bigger popcorn pieces means more to eat (and a happier me). :)

    ReplyDelete