Thursday, August 18, 2011

What a difference a day makes!

OK, I admit.  I got the summer lazies and didn't post much.  Partly because there really wasn't much to post, and partly because I wasn't seeing ANY results!  However, two things happened today to renew my desire to push forward!  "What are they?"  you ask.  Well, THAT is what this blog is all about!



First, I had a great swim!  Though not one of my longer distances, I pushed myself very hard.  It was one of those "leave it all in the pool" kinda swims.  I don't do that often when the Swim Nazi is not there to push me. (Nothing but Love for you, Denise!)  But today I just felt the need to kill it.  So I did. 

As I stretched, I realized something.  It took me the same amount of time to do 2400 yards today as it did to do 1200 yards the first day I got in the pool in January!!!  I did TWICE the distance in the same amount of time.  THIS, my dear friends, is PROGRESS!!!!  And for that, I pat myself on the back! 

The second thing that happened is not nearly as exciting for me, but still pretty amazing!  So, Steven came home for his R&R, and I GAINED 8 HUGE lbs!  Once he returned, school was out, and life got unorganized.  I don't do well with "unorganization" (is this even a word?!), though I am NOT an organized person by any stretch of the word!  So my routine went out the window.  And though I was working my butt off, I was not watching my food.  Add in a few vacations and you get yoyo weight!

I never gained too much, but I couldn't lose for anything!  I am PLEASED to tell you that when I weighed this morning, I have lost 3 lbs this week!  (That puts me 1lb over the weight I was when Steven got home....)  WOO HOO!!!!!  With school in, and many things to do before school gets out, including squeezing in a good workout, it's so much easier for me to stick to the plan.  So my hardwork, and non-splurging ways have paid off this week!  And thank God!  I was about ready to give up!

What now?  Well, NOW I really do refocus and push myself to do what needs to be done.  Realistically, I will not lose 70 lbs before Steven comes home, but another 50 is completely doable!  That would make my weight loss just over 100 lbs since January!  Keep the encouragement coming, and let's get the next 50 off!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment