Sunday, August 7, 2011

Vacation!

So I went on a super fun vacation with one of my dearest friends, who is also a part of my husband's family.  I am reflecting today on motivation and progress.  I had a moment in the middle of our vacation where I realized how out of shape I was 6 months ago.  I didn't realize, and still don't fully comprehend, how poorly I had cared for myself! 



As I was paddling while we rafted I kept thinking, "I feel STRONG!  I could do this all day!"  I never fatigued.  I couldn't believe it!  As we climbed the 500,000,000 steps (or at least that is how it felt) on the towers to the different zip lines, I never had to stop and rest.  I made it to the top each time!  AND I did not hold anyone else back....no one waited on me to hurry up!  As a matter of fact the only time anyone had to wait for me was when I was taking pictures, and then I easily caught up with the rest of the group.

I use to break a sweat just standing.  I would get tired just standing around!  While I did sweat a lot this weekend, it was more due to the fact that the heat index was close to 115 most of the time, and less to do with high blood pressure and my lack of fitness.  How freeing for me to not only participate, but ENJOY such an active vacation!

I'm terribly frustrated looking at my pictures.  I wish the outside matched how I FEEL inside.  I FEEL like a new person!  I FEEL light and healthier than I have felt in YEARS....  I guess the outside will come with time.  Such a roller coaster this weight loss journey!  However, for today, I celebrate the accomplishment of all the things I was able to do, that I KNOW I could not have when I started this journey!  Small victories!

No comments:

Post a Comment