Monday, August 22, 2011

If you're going through Hell, keep going!



I have been thinking today.  I know I know I know!  Dangerous, right?  So yeah, thinking.  I came to the conclusion that I have GOT to just make up my mind and push past pain and fatigue to do what needs to be done.  I wake up exhausted.  I feel like if I don't nap in the day I will never make it.  However, I'm learning that the harder I push myself, the more I desire to reach my goals. 

This may seem like a "DUH!" kind of moment to most of you.  For me, it seemed that no matter how determined I was, I was NOT seeing a difference in anything!  No difference in my appearance, no difference in my performance, no difference on the scales.  The beauty of a blog, however, is that you can go back and look at your progress!

I read that I could barely swim 25 yards the first day I tried it.  I read all the pounds lost.  I read the frustration, excitement, concern.  Today I can look at pictures and see glimpses of inches lost.  (Though I do wish it was somewhere besides my face) The main difference is how I feel!  Though I am extremely tired a lot of the time, I feel so much better than I have in such a long time!

Look at all of the things I am able to do now that I was not able to do 6-7 months ago!  Today I can swim 3000 yards in a little over the time it took me to do 1500!  Today I can jog....period.  I could barely walk a mile when I first started!  I was able to climb 5 million stairs for the zipline, raft, play, and on and on and on.  I am proud of myself! 

Every new milestone, I have a renewed sense of accomplishment.  It makes me want to push that much further and try that much harder.  In October I have 2 HUGE events.  First, I will be jogging the 5K Race For The cure!  I can't wait.  I WILL finish!  Second, I am going to swim my first swim meet in over 16 years!!!!  It's terrifying and thrilling all at once! 

So as these HUGE goals loom before, I'm focused and determined.  NOTHING will stand in my way! 


No comments:

Post a Comment