Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pushing on...

OK, this has nothing to do with fitness, but I must say that I appreciate and admire single moms more and more with every passing day of this deployment!  The weight that my little boy carries on his shoulders seems so unfair sometimes.  The weight I carry being the sole responsible party for him seems unbearable!  My only hope is that when all is said and done, he is scarred minimally and appreciates the sacrifices his mom and dad make to give him a good life.  That's all any parent could want, really....

Having said that, what is a better way to rid yourself of stress than exercise!?  So, I really just wanted to stay at home and do nothing today.  Most of the day that's just what I did.  Felt tired and sore and sorry for myself.  But as my mood rapidly worsened this evening, I decided something had to be done.  So I met my good friend Roxanne, and we hit the track. 

Why I feel like I have hit a brick wall this week is completely baffling!  It seems like I am starting to work out all over again from day one!  I'm hurting, tired, and S-L-O-W!  I would understand if I had done nothing while Steven was home, but we exercised while he was here.  All I know is I need to snap out of it!

I am EXTREMELY nervous about starting masters tomorrow!  It will be an excellent workout, but ugh!  It's something I have always wanted, so what can it hurt to just try it?  Wish me luck! 

"Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change." - Jim Rohn

No comments:

Post a Comment